Thursday, April 28, 2005

Thirupathi Ezhumalai Venkatesa

Whenever i say Thirupathi, my heart returns me with the prasadam "laddu".Since my family's wat we call--kula deivam--Family god is Thirupathi Venkatesa Perumal,i hav had the privilege of visiting the temple quite a lot of times.

Yesterday, one of my friends or rather colleagues who had returned from India brought in the prasadam.To all of our Surprise,the laddu was almost bowling ball sized one.I was really surprised to have such a laddu after long long time.Because, these days, the laddu is only a cricket ball sized one-- may be a kind of cost-control from the authorities of TTD.But, this one was pretty different.

When i enquired about it, i got the truth.My friend had actually done with the Kalyana Utsavam there.Thats why he cud get such a big laddu and he had got over 10 laddus.

And there was this Special prasadam which wudnt be given to normal darshans--the Vada.It was like a dosai-sized one.and it tasted spicy and real strong.I remember, i hav had such a vada very very long back.

Last time, when i was in India, I had tried to hav Perumal's Darshan..but my effort had been in vain.I got struck in the Crowd which was there in thirumala during the Ramzan & Diwali period.They said, it was only possible to hav darshan only after 3-4 days.To hell with my tight schedule back home that time, I had to be content with the "Gopura Darshan".

I then realised, the truth, as they say, is It wasnt Our Wish to Darshan him, but its LORD PERUMAL's wish to give darshan to his Devotees.. So, i am waiting for my turn.......

1 Comments:

Blogger bharath said...

wish perumal wishes to see u soon...

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home